How To Jump Start A Prius?
Table of Contents
- Toyota Prius
- How To Jump Start A Prius
- How Much Is The Toyota Prius Gas Mileage?
- Is The 2014 Toyota Prius The Best?
- Should You Buy A Toyota Prius?
- Prius Redesign – Prius AWD-e Powertrain 2021
- How Many Models In the New Toyota Prius 2022?
Prius is a car model from the company Toyota. The vehicle is a hybrid of petrol/electric. The car has a 1789 cc engine with an approximate price of 25,000$. We are going to learn how to jump start a Prius.
But before we learn how to jump start a Prius, let us see what Toyota Prius has to offer.
Points We will Discuss in this Article-
- Toyota Prius and its alternatives
- How to jump start a Prius
- 2014 Toyota Prius model and how it is different
- Should You Buy A Toyota Prius?
- How much is the Toyota Prius gas mileage
- Prius AWD-e Powertrain 2021
- Should you get the Toyota Prius 2022
Let’s get started!
This car model has been one of the best Toyota cars and has a variety of functions. Prius is a sedan type of car model with five seating spaces. It only has one variant and has an automatic transmission(CVT). Because it is an electric car, it helps the environment to grow. But being a hybrid has made Prius an exceptional choice for users.
The car has a stylish finish and has multiple features like a start button, climate control, and a multi-functional steering wheel. Prius takes around 11 seconds to go from 0 to 100 mph.
Toyota Prius Colors
The car is available in 7 different colors. You have options from Super White, Emotional Red, Pearl Crystal, Gray Metallic, Silver Metallic, Dark Blue Mica Metallic, and Attitude Black Mica. Though, the company offers some extra versions for a specific color.
Alternatives To Prius
The Prius is a great car. But being great is not enough because it has many competitors. Even from Toyota itself.
Here is a list of alternatives in the market:
- Toyota Camry
- Volvo S60
- Jaguar XE
- Audi A4
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class
- Mercedes-Benz GLA
- BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe
- MINI Countryman
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class
Now let us talk about how to jump start a Prius with some easy steps.
How To Jump Start A Prius
With a four-cylinder engine and 12-volt battery. But due to some human errors like not charging the battery or leaving the flashlights on during the night, the battery can experience issues.
Here is a step-by-step guide referred from Toyota on how to jump start a Prius.
Jump Start Prius
Step 1 and 2
- You will find Terminal Jump Start Under Fuse Box.
- Locate the fuse cover which is made up of plastic and is rectangular. Open the lid to find the terminals, which will be used to jump-start your car’s dead battery.
- Join the positive ends of the jumper cable to your jump-start terminals.
- Connect the remaining positive ends to the positive terminal battery or quick-kick unit of a vehicle that you are using as an assistant.
- Connect the negative end to the assistant vehicle on the negative terminal of the battery or quick-kick unit.
- Affix the other negative end to the metal without paint on its surface. Also, make sure the metal is not a moving part or a part of the jump start terminal.
- Startup the engine of the assistant vehicle or simply start the quick kick unit. Just in case you are getting help from the assistant vehicle make sure you rev the engine and maintain it for about 5 min. This allows the dead battery to charge up.
- Try to push the “ON” button on the Prius.
- Make sure you have someone who can keep an eye on the indicator which will light up saying it’s “READY.”
Now that your Prius has started, not it is time to disconnect the cables in the opposite order.
- Remove the negative cable from the metal
- Now remove negative ends from the assistant quick-start unit or car.
- Now remove the positive end from the assistant quick-start unit or car
- Lastly, remove positive ends from the battery terminal of Prius.
- Cover the lid that covers your jump-start terminal.
These steps are given by the company on how to jump start a Prius. They work well with the Prius model and if you face any problems you can go ahead and contact Toyota customer service. You can also download a user manual on how to jump start a Prius.
Or the best thing you can do in this situation is to call a professional from Toyota.
Now, that we have learned how to jump start a Prius, we will learn about Toyota Prius gas mileage and the 2014 Toyota Prius.
How Much Is The Toyota Prius Gas Mileage?
Now that we have covered how to jump start a Prius and pros and cons let us see about mileage. Toyota Prius is the only car that comes to our mind when you are thinking about an exceptional mpg rating. Prius was the first-ever hybrid car that entered the American market. Since its arrival, Prius has been able to set a standard for fuel efficiency and hybrid cars. The Toyota Prius that has been launched in 2021 has much more than fuel efficiency. It comes with an AWD-e powertrain option, ample cargo room, and other high-tech features.
We know the Toyota Prius is a hybrid which means it uses an electric motor and combustion engine. The latest Prius comes with a 1.8: an engine with a fours cylinder engine. Here are some mileage examples of different types of Prius-
- Toyota Prius L Eco- 53 MPG on Highway/ 58 MPG on City
- Toyota Prius Le – 50 MPG on Highway/54 MPG on City
- Toyota Prius LE AWD-e – 47 MPG on Highway/ 51 MPG on City
- Toyota Prius XLE AWD – 47 MPG on City/51 MPG on Highway
- Toyota Prius XLE – 50 MPG on Highway/54 MPG on City
- Toyota Prius Limited – 50 MPG on Highway/ 54 MPG on City
So, these are the Toyota Prius gas mileage numbers. This is one of the best mileage running cars in hybrid cars. Though it will sometimes bring issues of battery. But that shouldn’t be a problem considering we have learned how to jump start a Prius.
Is The 2014 Toyota Prius The Best?
One of the best in the series, the 2014 Toyota Prius took the competition to a whole new level. The car was a finalist for numerous awards in 2014. With research and studies, the Prius got an astonishing rating of 8.8 out of 10. Here are some positions which Prius was able to capture.
- #3 Most affordable small cars in 2014
- #3 In Compact car
- #4 Best hybrid car in 2014
The list goes on, but now you get why the model was so memorable. Still, some people went through problems and had to jump start Prius every now and then.
Should You Buy A Toyota Prius?
To answer this question, we will see some pros and cons of the Toyota Prius. First, we will start with the good stuff Prius offers us. We have learned how to jump start a Prius, so now we will discuss some points for those who are considering buying a Prius.
Reasons To Buy Toyota Prius
- Environment Friendly – Hybrid vehicles are best for the environment. You don’t have to buy too much gasoline, and your car doesn’t emit carbon dioxide.
- Handling- Prius steering handling has been improving significantly. The accuracy is great on the latest Toyota Prius. Handling doesn’t sound as important but in reality, a well-handled car can save many lives.
- High-Tech – With a touchscreen display with a high-power audio system the car becomes an entertaining piece. Integrated navigation and Apple CarPlay for connectivity are making the Prius a much-considered car in today’s day.
Reasons Not To Buy Prius
- Poor Engine Performance – This hybrid vehicle isn’t meant for sports. The engine doesn’t feel powerful and acceleration is poor. Though the new models are improving in power and speed.
- Not the Lowest in the Market – The Toyota Prius was the cheapest hybrid car in the past. But now the market has changed and many other hybrid cars are much more cost-efficient.
- Interior Material – The chairs are comfortable and some features are really useful. But some things are just made with basic plastic. The feel doesn’t make you think luxury or expensive.
Now that we have learned both sides, your decision must be easy. Also, we saw many people go through a dead battery problem, and in that case, they pursue manuals on how to jump start a Prius. If you are looking for a car that is meant for your family then Prius is one of the best cars you can wish for. But if you are thinking about gifting it to your new college-going son, then it might not be the best choice.
Prius Redesign – Prius AWD-e Powertrain 2021
Toyota re-designed the Prius in 2019. With a standard front-wheel-drive powertrain, they have also added the option of an electronic all-wheel-drive powertrain. The drivers now can easily drive the car through inclement weather and challenging terrain with help of AWD-e. Not only does the AWD-e provide a good mileage efficiency but also has many other features that make this Prius unique.
These features are as follows-
- Easily drive through mud, gravel, or dirt conditions.
- Provides more traction in the rain and snow season.
- Offers additional traction of 43 MPG. This is the highest MPG in an AWD-equipped vehicle.
- TSS-P Toyota Safety Sense-P
- 51 MPG fuel efficiency rating estimated combines-EPA
How Many Models In the New Toyota Prius 2022?
Toyota is coming with two new models, one is Prius L Eco and the other is Prius LE. We’ll discuss both models in detail in a bit. There are 8 different colors to choose from (colors may vary with models). With no brainer, these models are better than their previous versions. Let us first talk about the model L Eco.
Toyota Prius L Eco
The L Eco in the United States is for around 25,000$ with five seats.
The car offers 53 MPG on the Highway and 58 MPG in the City. Here are some of the highlighted features of the car.
- The backup camera display is integrated.
- Offers a Smart Key system with a push-button start.
- Amazon Alexa and Apple CarPlay are compatible with Prius 2022.
- Center armrest and fold-down seat of 60/40.
- DRL Daytime Running Lights LED. They can be turned on or off.
- Pollen filtration with smart-flow climate control.
- HAC (Hill Start Assist Control)
- Auto-off feature on high and low beam headlights.
- LED stoplights and taillights.
- TSS 2.0 (Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 standard.
- Continuously Variable Transmission which can be electronically controlled (ECVT).
- 4 cylinder engine with 1.8L.
Toyota Prius LE 2022
The second model of the 2022 Prius is LE with a Price of around 26,000$ in the United States. This car has 50 MPG on the Highway and 54 MPG in the City. With five seats this sedan vehicle has the features mentioned below.
- TSS 2.0 (Toyota Safety Sense 2.0)
- (RCTA) Rear Cross-Traffic Alert along with (BSM) Blind Spot Monitor.
- IPA (Intelligent Parking Assistant) with ICS (Intelligent Clearance Sonar)
- The car is compatible with Android Auto
- It also has a backup camera display integrated.
- Push-button start offers a Smart Key system experience.
- The Prius is compatible with Amazon Alexa and Apple CarPlay.
- Centre armrest with 60/40 split fold-down rear seats.
- On and off feature on LED daytime running lights (DRL)
- Pollen Filtration with a smart-flow climate system control.
- HAC (Hill-start assistant)
- The car just like other models has a four-cylinder engine of 1.8L.
- ECVT (Continuously Variable Transmission controlled Electronically).
These are the upcoming models Prius comes in 2022. Time will tell if they are the best in the series or not. Also, we’ll see if these models also suffer battery problems because no one wants to jump start Prius when they are buying it for convenience. And even if you face any problems, you can simply follow the steps given above or download a manual by the company on how to jump start a Prius.
Now you have an idea of how to jump start a Prius. We also learned about different Prius models and what gas mileage they give us. What do you think about Toyota Prius?
Do you think Toyota can manufacture the best hybrid car? Even though at the end of the day we know it is subjective, we still know the Prius is the best affordable option with tons of features and loyal to the environment.